In the early 90’s, Houston’s DJ Screw was hailed for revolutionizing and popularizing the technique of chopping and screwing a record. Accomplished by slowing down the tempo and bending the pitch, this Southern art form is a staple of hip-hop. Obviously influenced by its sound, T-Pain created a Chopped N’ Screwed record of his own, which turned out to be the second featured single on his recently-released album, Thr33 Ringz. Though the song’s original message had more to do with women taking advantage of their men, a newly remixed version takes it back the origin, as an all-star lineup of chopped n’ screwed vets including Bun B, C-Note, Big Pokey, ESG, Lil Keke, Trae and Z-Ro assist.
Written by DJ Z on 12/10/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail ft. Game, Daz & T-Pain" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.