In the early 90’s, Houston’s DJ Screw was hailed for revolutionizing and popularizing the technique of chopping and screwing a record. Accomplished by slowing down the tempo and bending the pitch, this Southern art form is a staple of hip-hop. Obviously influenced by its sound, T-Pain created a Chopped N’ Screwed record of his own, which turned out to be the second featured single on his recently-released album, Thr33 Ringz. Though the song’s original message had more to do with women taking advantage of their men, a newly remixed version takes it back the origin, as an all-star lineup of chopped n’ screwed vets including Bun B, C-Note, Big Pokey, ESG, Lil Keke, Trae and Z-Ro assist.
Written by DJ Z on 12/10/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail ft. Game, Daz & T-Pain" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.