In the early 90’s, Houston’s DJ Screw was hailed for revolutionizing and popularizing the technique of chopping and screwing a record. Accomplished by slowing down the tempo and bending the pitch, this Southern art form is a staple of hip-hop. Obviously influenced by its sound, T-Pain created a Chopped N’ Screwed record of his own, which turned out to be the second featured single on his recently-released album, Thr33 Ringz. Though the song’s original message had more to do with women taking advantage of their men, a newly remixed version takes it back the origin, as an all-star lineup of chopped n’ screwed vets including Bun B, C-Note, Big Pokey, ESG, Lil Keke, Trae and Z-Ro assist.
Written by DJ Z on 12/10/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail ft. Game, Daz & T-Pain" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)