We all know that there are times when you might find yourself at a loss for words. This temporarily happened to me after listening to T-Pain’s Freaknik is Back. Is it really possible to be met with feelings of disappointment, confusion, and hilarity all at once? The answer, thanks to the musical genius (most days) that is Tallahassee Pain, is a resounding yes. A day after the well-received Save You hit our front page, we present the lead track off the soundtrack to Pain’s much-talked-about Freaknik: The Musical. Spending close to two and a half minutes talking about bitches, doo-rags, and “new ‘Lacs” over a surprisingly busy beat from Tha Bizness, the Florida native manages to make a record that I can only describe as “entertainingly dismal.” Do you agree, or do you hear any redeeming qualities that I may be missing? The soundtrack, out tomorrow, is sure to be nothing short of interesting if songs like these are the norm. Personally, though, I’m hoping that Freaknik Is Back doesn’t set the tone for the highly-anticipated ReVolver.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 04/19/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.