We all know that there are times when you might find yourself at a loss for words. This temporarily happened to me after listening to T-Pain’s Freaknik is Back. Is it really possible to be met with feelings of disappointment, confusion, and hilarity all at once? The answer, thanks to the musical genius (most days) that is Tallahassee Pain, is a resounding yes. A day after the well-received Save You hit our front page, we present the lead track off the soundtrack to Pain’s much-talked-about Freaknik: The Musical. Spending close to two and a half minutes talking about bitches, doo-rags, and “new ‘Lacs” over a surprisingly busy beat from Tha Bizness, the Florida native manages to make a record that I can only describe as “entertainingly dismal.” Do you agree, or do you hear any redeeming qualities that I may be missing? The soundtrack, out tomorrow, is sure to be nothing short of interesting if songs like these are the norm. Personally, though, I’m hoping that Freaknik Is Back doesn’t set the tone for the highly-anticipated ReVolver.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 04/19/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.