Normally the fact that T-Pain went an entire song without using auto-tune would be news enough, but what’s truly newsworthy about his new track Dope is that it appears to be the first official announcement that Shawnna is now working with Pain’s Nappy Boy label. Shawnna is deservedly known for her lightning fast flows and sexually explicit themes, neither of which are present on Dope, making her verse on the track seem primarily intended as a declaration of label affiliation. (I’ll be surprised if she’s on the official album version). Will Pain continue to put the auto-tune aside and concentrate on his raps? Will Shawna find the success with Nappy Boy that she didn’t with DTP? All questions will be answered when Pain’s next album Revolver drops… sometime in the future.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/21/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail ft. Game, Daz & T-Pain" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.