Normally the fact that T-Pain went an entire song without using auto-tune would be news enough, but what’s truly newsworthy about his new track Dope is that it appears to be the first official announcement that Shawnna is now working with Pain’s Nappy Boy label. Shawnna is deservedly known for her lightning fast flows and sexually explicit themes, neither of which are present on Dope, making her verse on the track seem primarily intended as a declaration of label affiliation. (I’ll be surprised if she’s on the official album version). Will Pain continue to put the auto-tune aside and concentrate on his raps? Will Shawna find the success with Nappy Boy that she didn’t with DTP? All questions will be answered when Pain’s next album Revolver drops… sometime in the future.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/21/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail ft. Game, Daz & T-Pain" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)