Normally the fact that T-Pain went an entire song without using auto-tune would be news enough, but what’s truly newsworthy about his new track Dope is that it appears to be the first official announcement that Shawnna is now working with Pain’s Nappy Boy label. Shawnna is deservedly known for her lightning fast flows and sexually explicit themes, neither of which are present on Dope, making her verse on the track seem primarily intended as a declaration of label affiliation. (I’ll be surprised if she’s on the official album version). Will Pain continue to put the auto-tune aside and concentrate on his raps? Will Shawna find the success with Nappy Boy that she didn’t with DTP? All questions will be answered when Pain’s next album Revolver drops… sometime in the future.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail ft. Game, Daz & T-Pain" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.