Normally the fact that T-Pain went an entire song without using auto-tune would be news enough, but what’s truly newsworthy about his new track Dope is that it appears to be the first official announcement that Shawnna is now working with Pain’s Nappy Boy label. Shawnna is deservedly known for her lightning fast flows and sexually explicit themes, neither of which are present on Dope, making her verse on the track seem primarily intended as a declaration of label affiliation. (I’ll be surprised if she’s on the official album version). Will Pain continue to put the auto-tune aside and concentrate on his raps? Will Shawna find the success with Nappy Boy that she didn’t with DTP? All questions will be answered when Pain’s next album Revolver drops… sometime in the future.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/21/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail ft. Game, Daz & T-Pain" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.