A group of Ancient Greek philosophers whose name has become synonymous with quiet resilience and strength in the face of suffering, the Stoics taught that misfortune could be evaded by a strict adherence to virtue and an avoidance of corrupting moral influences. Though T-Pain took inspiration from my toga-rocking homies for his forthcoming street album, the Nappy Boy head honcho’s take on the doctrine is slightly unorthodox—for example, I’m not sure how the stripper-f**king in which we find him engaged on new single Do You Quit contributes to the quest to free oneself from passion. Regardless, the record, which finds the artist showcasing his bawdy rhymes as well as his famed Auto-Tune stylings over T-Minus’ club-ready grooves, seems guaranteed to please Pain’s own loyal disciples. If you’re feeling it, more booty-shaking (if philosophically lax) bangers await on Stoic, scheduled for release September 30.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail ft. Game, Daz & T-Pain" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.