A group of Ancient Greek philosophers whose name has become synonymous with quiet resilience and strength in the face of suffering, the Stoics taught that misfortune could be evaded by a strict adherence to virtue and an avoidance of corrupting moral influences. Though T-Pain took inspiration from my toga-rocking homies for his forthcoming street album, the Nappy Boy head honcho’s take on the doctrine is slightly unorthodox—for example, I’m not sure how the stripper-f**king in which we find him engaged on new single Do You Quit contributes to the quest to free oneself from passion. Regardless, the record, which finds the artist showcasing his bawdy rhymes as well as his famed Auto-Tune stylings over T-Minus’ club-ready grooves, seems guaranteed to please Pain’s own loyal disciples. If you’re feeling it, more booty-shaking (if philosophically lax) bangers await on Stoic, scheduled for release September 30.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail ft. Game, Daz & T-Pain" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Boi ft. A$AP Rocky. Phantogram & A-Ha - Lanes
- BAU Music ft. Action Bronson, A$ton Matthews & J.Rocc - With My Soul
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!