A group of Ancient Greek philosophers whose name has become synonymous with quiet resilience and strength in the face of suffering, the Stoics taught that misfortune could be evaded by a strict adherence to virtue and an avoidance of corrupting moral influences. Though T-Pain took inspiration from my toga-rocking homies for his forthcoming street album, the Nappy Boy head honcho’s take on the doctrine is slightly unorthodox—for example, I’m not sure how the stripper-f**king in which we find him engaged on new single Do You Quit contributes to the quest to free oneself from passion. Regardless, the record, which finds the artist showcasing his bawdy rhymes as well as his famed Auto-Tune stylings over T-Minus’ club-ready grooves, seems guaranteed to please Pain’s own loyal disciples. If you’re feeling it, more booty-shaking (if philosophically lax) bangers await on Stoic, scheduled for release September 30.
Written by richard on 09/27/12
R&B mainstay T-Pain celebrates his birthday with the release of a brand new free album, titled Stoic. Featuring lead single Don't You Quit, Stoic features guest vocals from the likes of Big K.R.I.T., Mistah F.A.B., Tech N9ne...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail ft. Game, Daz & T-Pain" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)