I don’t mean to reveal too much about what goes on behind-the-scenes here at the Booth, but I’ve pretty much got my pick of songs to write about each day, and I tend to pick songs that seem the most entertaining. So, after I read the title of T-Pain’s new single, Booty Wurk (One Cheek at a Time), and spent the next five minutes laughing, there was no doubt what song I’d be picking up. As you should have already guessed, Booty Wurk is built around a booming and heavily clapping beat from Young Frye – imagine a marching band invading a strip club. On the mic T-Pain keeps it super-simple and lightly auto-tuned, not really even delving into some of his trademark melodies and, aside from a great Kevin Hart reference, doesn’t really work the mic either, even with Joey Galaxy (formerly known as Young Cash) lending some vocal assistance. I don’t know if it will be a hit, but I can guarantee it will be the song that launches 1,000 booty shaking videos on YouTube. Either way, I think we can expect more posterior friendly material on Pain’s long delayed album RevolveR, which is still awaiting a release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/30/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.