I don’t mean to reveal too much about what goes on behind-the-scenes here at the Booth, but I’ve pretty much got my pick of songs to write about each day, and I tend to pick songs that seem the most entertaining. So, after I read the title of T-Pain’s new single, Booty Wurk (One Cheek at a Time), and spent the next five minutes laughing, there was no doubt what song I’d be picking up. As you should have already guessed, Booty Wurk is built around a booming and heavily clapping beat from Young Frye – imagine a marching band invading a strip club. On the mic T-Pain keeps it super-simple and lightly auto-tuned, not really even delving into some of his trademark melodies and, aside from a great Kevin Hart reference, doesn’t really work the mic either, even with Joey Galaxy (formerly known as Young Cash) lending some vocal assistance. I don’t know if it will be a hit, but I can guarantee it will be the song that launches 1,000 booty shaking videos on YouTube. Either way, I think we can expect more posterior friendly material on Pain’s long delayed album RevolveR, which is still awaiting a release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/30/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.