I don’t mean to reveal too much about what goes on behind-the-scenes here at the Booth, but I’ve pretty much got my pick of songs to write about each day, and I tend to pick songs that seem the most entertaining. So, after I read the title of T-Pain’s new single, Booty Wurk (One Cheek at a Time), and spent the next five minutes laughing, there was no doubt what song I’d be picking up. As you should have already guessed, Booty Wurk is built around a booming and heavily clapping beat from Young Frye – imagine a marching band invading a strip club. On the mic T-Pain keeps it super-simple and lightly auto-tuned, not really even delving into some of his trademark melodies and, aside from a great Kevin Hart reference, doesn’t really work the mic either, even with Joey Galaxy (formerly known as Young Cash) lending some vocal assistance. I don’t know if it will be a hit, but I can guarantee it will be the song that launches 1,000 booty shaking videos on YouTube. Either way, I think we can expect more posterior friendly material on Pain’s long delayed album RevolveR, which is still awaiting a release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/30/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail ft. Game, Daz & T-Pain" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.