I don’t mean to reveal too much about what goes on behind-the-scenes here at the Booth, but I’ve pretty much got my pick of songs to write about each day, and I tend to pick songs that seem the most entertaining. So, after I read the title of T-Pain’s new single, Booty Wurk (One Cheek at a Time), and spent the next five minutes laughing, there was no doubt what song I’d be picking up. As you should have already guessed, Booty Wurk is built around a booming and heavily clapping beat from Young Frye – imagine a marching band invading a strip club. On the mic T-Pain keeps it super-simple and lightly auto-tuned, not really even delving into some of his trademark melodies and, aside from a great Kevin Hart reference, doesn’t really work the mic either, even with Joey Galaxy (formerly known as Young Cash) lending some vocal assistance. I don’t know if it will be a hit, but I can guarantee it will be the song that launches 1,000 booty shaking videos on YouTube. Either way, I think we can expect more posterior friendly material on Pain’s long delayed album RevolveR, which is still awaiting a release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/30/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.