What do you call a record that bumps and slaps? If you’re T-Pain, you apparently call it a “Blapper.” On this brand new mixtape single, the Nappy Boy head honcho recruits a few talented connects to help him popularize what may be the most ridiculous-sounding piece of hip-hop slang since Lemme Smang It went viral. If you can appreciate the title’s absurdity, then you’re likely to also crack a smile at Pain’s over-the-top trash-talk: “I keep seein’ n**gas tryin’ to be my duplicates / Runnin’ round like they be the poop and sh*t.” Those who remain unamused, on the other hand, should still enjoy the skillful, tongue-in-cheek rhymes underground faves Mistah F.A.B., Tech N9ne and Krizz Kaliko deliver over Tha Bizness’ trunk-rattling percussion rhythm. You can expect more bangers, slappers and, yes, blappers on the headliner’s Stoic street album, released Sunday evening and available for free streaming/download in the Booth. Additionally, you can click here to cop Tech’s newly-released E.B.A.H. EP.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail ft. Game, Daz & T-Pain" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.