What do you call a record that bumps and slaps? If you’re T-Pain, you apparently call it a “Blapper.” On this brand new mixtape single, the Nappy Boy head honcho recruits a few talented connects to help him popularize what may be the most ridiculous-sounding piece of hip-hop slang since Lemme Smang It went viral. If you can appreciate the title’s absurdity, then you’re likely to also crack a smile at Pain’s over-the-top trash-talk: “I keep seein’ n**gas tryin’ to be my duplicates / Runnin’ round like they be the poop and sh*t.” Those who remain unamused, on the other hand, should still enjoy the skillful, tongue-in-cheek rhymes underground faves Mistah F.A.B., Tech N9ne and Krizz Kaliko deliver over Tha Bizness’ trunk-rattling percussion rhythm. You can expect more bangers, slappers and, yes, blappers on the headliner’s Stoic street album, released Sunday evening and available for free streaming/download in the Booth. Additionally, you can click here to cop Tech’s newly-released E.B.A.H. EP.
Written by richard on 10/1/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.