Valentine’s Day may be over, but T-Pain‘s still spreading love the best way he can: through the same whimsical AutoTune stylings that have become his signature. Thankfully, the Nappy Boy CEO took a break from buying ostentatious jewelry and getting Facebook tattoos to link up with Chris Brown for his new single Best Love Song. Producer Young Fyre gives the song a modern power ballad feel with strong guitar riffs underscored by tender piano melodies, quick strings and a healthy dose of hi-hat/hand clap action. We know how T-Pain likes to do things big, so this sound suits him well; just imagine lots of pyrotechnics accompanying this song and I think even Brett Michaels would be proud. Vocally, Chris Brown delivers energetic vocals while T-Pain waxes poetic about showing that special someone the love they deserve. Quite a step forward from professing love to a stripper, but who’s keeping score? No word yet on the release date of RevolveR but this single is sure to capture people’s attention and hopefully build some anticipation in the meantime.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 02/15/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail ft. Game, Daz & T-Pain" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.