Valentine’s Day may be over, but T-Pain‘s still spreading love the best way he can: through the same whimsical AutoTune stylings that have become his signature. Thankfully, the Nappy Boy CEO took a break from buying ostentatious jewelry and getting Facebook tattoos to link up with Chris Brown for his new single Best Love Song. Producer Young Fyre gives the song a modern power ballad feel with strong guitar riffs underscored by tender piano melodies, quick strings and a healthy dose of hi-hat/hand clap action. We know how T-Pain likes to do things big, so this sound suits him well; just imagine lots of pyrotechnics accompanying this song and I think even Brett Michaels would be proud. Vocally, Chris Brown delivers energetic vocals while T-Pain waxes poetic about showing that special someone the love they deserve. Quite a step forward from professing love to a stripper, but who’s keeping score? No word yet on the release date of RevolveR but this single is sure to capture people’s attention and hopefully build some anticipation in the meantime.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 02/15/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail ft. Game, Daz & T-Pain" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)