Valentine’s Day may be over, but T-Pain‘s still spreading love the best way he can: through the same whimsical AutoTune stylings that have become his signature. Thankfully, the Nappy Boy CEO took a break from buying ostentatious jewelry and getting Facebook tattoos to link up with Chris Brown for his new single Best Love Song. Producer Young Fyre gives the song a modern power ballad feel with strong guitar riffs underscored by tender piano melodies, quick strings and a healthy dose of hi-hat/hand clap action. We know how T-Pain likes to do things big, so this sound suits him well; just imagine lots of pyrotechnics accompanying this song and I think even Brett Michaels would be proud. Vocally, Chris Brown delivers energetic vocals while T-Pain waxes poetic about showing that special someone the love they deserve. Quite a step forward from professing love to a stripper, but who’s keeping score? No word yet on the release date of RevolveR but this single is sure to capture people’s attention and hopefully build some anticipation in the meantime.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 02/15/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)