T-Wayne is back! When frequent collaborators T-Pain and Lil Wayne cook up a song you usually know what it’s going to taste like. However, on You Know What It Is the duo gives listeners a new dish that tastes far different than their normal club bangers like Got Money. On What It Is, production team Tha Bizness creates a jazzy backdrop with baby bottom smooth strings while Pain and Wayne sweet-talk a special lady. For his part T-Pain shines with a dope hook - he assures his boo she’s got a “waist like a wasp” – and a very strong rap verse with some show stealing lines like: “I ain’t trying to butter you up/ I’m trying to f*** you in the kitchen, let me butter you up.” On the other hand Weezy has the middle and end verses on the record, but sounds lazy and doesn’t begin to touch Pain’s performance. No word yet on what project Beehive is attached to, but let’s see if the Booth is eager to eat this one up.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 01/18/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.