T-Wayne is back! When frequent collaborators T-Pain and Lil Wayne cook up a song you usually know what it’s going to taste like. However, on You Know What It Is the duo gives listeners a new dish that tastes far different than their normal club bangers like Got Money. On What It Is, production team Tha Bizness creates a jazzy backdrop with baby bottom smooth strings while Pain and Wayne sweet-talk a special lady. For his part T-Pain shines with a dope hook - he assures his boo she’s got a “waist like a wasp” – and a very strong rap verse with some show stealing lines like: “I ain’t trying to butter you up/ I’m trying to f*** you in the kitchen, let me butter you up.” On the other hand Weezy has the middle and end verses on the record, but sounds lazy and doesn’t begin to touch Pain’s performance. No word yet on what project Beehive is attached to, but let’s see if the Booth is eager to eat this one up.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 01/18/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)