T-Wayne is back! When frequent collaborators T-Pain and Lil Wayne cook up a song you usually know what it’s going to taste like. However, on You Know What It Is the duo gives listeners a new dish that tastes far different than their normal club bangers like Got Money. On What It Is, production team Tha Bizness creates a jazzy backdrop with baby bottom smooth strings while Pain and Wayne sweet-talk a special lady. For his part T-Pain shines with a dope hook - he assures his boo she’s got a “waist like a wasp” – and a very strong rap verse with some show stealing lines like: “I ain’t trying to butter you up/ I’m trying to f*** you in the kitchen, let me butter you up.” On the other hand Weezy has the middle and end verses on the record, but sounds lazy and doesn’t begin to touch Pain’s performance. No word yet on what project Beehive is attached to, but let’s see if the Booth is eager to eat this one up.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 01/18/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.