I’ve never been to Cali, so meeting a Riverside Girl is something I have yet to do. Thanks to T. Mills‘s latest effort, however, I feel like I know them already. On the new promo single, Mills spits a few bars that are dedicated to the ladies of Riverside. Though he travels the world, his heart will always remain in Cali. So, too, will his style. Mills’s smooth, sung-rapped delivery epitomizes that carefree Cali vibe. Producer Malay‘s breezy beat, driven by a simple, yet effective piano arrangement, complements the artist’s charismatic, laid-back bars. Riverside Girl can be found on Republic Records’ The Basement Chronicles: Chapter 1 compilation album, out now via iTunes.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/10/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"F*ck Em (With My Vans On)" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.