I’ve never been to Cali, so meeting a Riverside Girl is something I have yet to do. Thanks to T. Mills‘s latest effort, however, I feel like I know them already. On the new promo single, Mills spits a few bars that are dedicated to the ladies of Riverside. Though he travels the world, his heart will always remain in Cali. So, too, will his style. Mills’s smooth, sung-rapped delivery epitomizes that carefree Cali vibe. Producer Malay‘s breezy beat, driven by a simple, yet effective piano arrangement, complements the artist’s charismatic, laid-back bars. Riverside Girl can be found on Republic Records’ The Basement Chronicles: Chapter 1 compilation album, out now via iTunes.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"F*ck Em (With My Vans On)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.