I’ve never been to Cali, so meeting a Riverside Girl is something I have yet to do. Thanks to T. Mills‘s latest effort, however, I feel like I know them already. On the new promo single, Mills spits a few bars that are dedicated to the ladies of Riverside. Though he travels the world, his heart will always remain in Cali. So, too, will his style. Mills’s smooth, sung-rapped delivery epitomizes that carefree Cali vibe. Producer Malay‘s breezy beat, driven by a simple, yet effective piano arrangement, complements the artist’s charismatic, laid-back bars. Riverside Girl can be found on Republic Records’ The Basement Chronicles: Chapter 1 compilation album, out now via iTunes.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"F*ck Em (With My Vans On)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.