I’ve never been to Cali, so meeting a Riverside Girl is something I have yet to do. Thanks to T. Mills‘s latest effort, however, I feel like I know them already. On the new promo single, Mills spits a few bars that are dedicated to the ladies of Riverside. Though he travels the world, his heart will always remain in Cali. So, too, will his style. Mills’s smooth, sung-rapped delivery epitomizes that carefree Cali vibe. Producer Malay‘s breezy beat, driven by a simple, yet effective piano arrangement, complements the artist’s charismatic, laid-back bars. Riverside Girl can be found on Republic Records’ The Basement Chronicles: Chapter 1 compilation album, out now via iTunes.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"F*ck Em (With My Vans On)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.