Man, and I thought Shaggy’s It Wasn’t Me was a bad idea. In the grand scheme of things to say to a woman, “it’s just My Other B*tch Callin’” is even more guaranteed to earn you a slap than “you know, your sister is kinda hot.” But while it may be bad relationship advice, T. Mills’ new single does make for a pretty catchy tune. Producer Khan gives the cut its smooth appeal, layering strings and synths over a brightly celebratory backdrop. (Hey, if you had multiple women hitting you up, maybe you’d be celebrating too.) On the mic Mills turns on his storytelling skills, breaking down the truth of his relationship in the bluntest way possible: “She do everything I want her to and love everything you hate / she’ll break it down, she’ll roll it up, she’s everything you ain’t.” Throw in a hook from Cocaine ‘80s and you’ve got both a little something to get the world interested in his upcoming Thrillionaire mixtape, and a new track for Mills to perform live on this summer’s Warped Tour.
Update: We have added the Jamie Marshal-directed Other B*tch Callin visual for Mills’ single.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/8/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"F*ck Em (With My Vans On)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.