Death and precious stones have long been popular themes in hip-hop, T. Mills is the first to my knowledge to combine them into one entity with Diemonds single numero uno off his next street release. Currently being promoted as MTV’s PUSH Artist of the Week, the Golden State pop buzzmaker spends his latest release reflecting on life, the grind, and the hereafter over a radio-ready beat by The Monsters and The Strangers. The follow-up to last year’s Leaving Home (which The DJBooth helped Columbia Records promote), the Rocksmith and Dat Piff-presented Thrillionaire has yet to receive a drop date. Fans will be able to catch Mills performing on this year’s bWraped Tour, and the artist is slated to appear in the promotional campaign for Rockport’s 2012 summer line.
Written by richard on 05/15/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"F*ck Em (With My Vans On)" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)