Death and precious stones have long been popular themes in hip-hop, T. Mills is the first to my knowledge to combine them into one entity with Diemonds single numero uno off his next street release. Currently being promoted as MTV’s PUSH Artist of the Week, the Golden State pop buzzmaker spends his latest release reflecting on life, the grind, and the hereafter over a radio-ready beat by The Monsters and The Strangers. The follow-up to last year’s Leaving Home (which The DJBooth helped Columbia Records promote), the Rocksmith and Dat Piff-presented Thrillionaire has yet to receive a drop date. Fans will be able to catch Mills performing on this year’s bWraped Tour, and the artist is slated to appear in the promotional campaign for Rockport’s 2012 summer line.
Written by richard on 05/15/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"F*ck Em (With My Vans On)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.