If his last two features didn’t drive the point home, T. Mills is not the kind of man who can be tied down to one woman—even if that woman is a Hollywood starlet or, as on the artist’s latest mixtape standout/potential single selection, a jaw-dropping (if a little stalkerish) beauty. On Can’t Take Ur Eyes Off Me, the Cali phenom administers a reality check to a chick who simply can’t take no for an answer. Over The Futuristics’ chill, downtempo synth production, Mills makes clear that said female’s “fallen off the deep end” if she thinks that calling him constantly, trashing him to everyone she knows, and airing the intimate details of their former sex life is going to win him back. In the process, he showcases a melodic, heavily-articulated delivery reminiscent of a certain rap megastar whose name begins with “D” and ends with a common lawn-care implement. But hey, nothing wrong with taking cues from a heavyweight. Have you fallen in love with Mills’ fresh, pop-appealing style? Watch for the artist to visit a city near you on his Leaving Home Tour (running from late September through November), as well as (if you haven’t already) downloading his Booth-hosted album of the same title.
Written by richard on 09/27/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"F*ck Em (With My Vans On)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.