If his last two features didn’t drive the point home, T. Mills is not the kind of man who can be tied down to one woman—even if that woman is a Hollywood starlet or, as on the artist’s latest mixtape standout/potential single selection, a jaw-dropping (if a little stalkerish) beauty. On Can’t Take Ur Eyes Off Me, the Cali phenom administers a reality check to a chick who simply can’t take no for an answer. Over The Futuristics’ chill, downtempo synth production, Mills makes clear that said female’s “fallen off the deep end” if she thinks that calling him constantly, trashing him to everyone she knows, and airing the intimate details of their former sex life is going to win him back. In the process, he showcases a melodic, heavily-articulated delivery reminiscent of a certain rap megastar whose name begins with “D” and ends with a common lawn-care implement. But hey, nothing wrong with taking cues from a heavyweight. Have you fallen in love with Mills’ fresh, pop-appealing style? Watch for the artist to visit a city near you on his Leaving Home Tour (running from late September through November), as well as (if you haven’t already) downloading his Booth-hosted album of the same title.
Listen to More: T. Mills
Written by richard on 09/27/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"F*ck Em (With My Vans On)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)