If his last two features didn’t drive the point home, T. Mills is not the kind of man who can be tied down to one woman—even if that woman is a Hollywood starlet or, as on the artist’s latest mixtape standout/potential single selection, a jaw-dropping (if a little stalkerish) beauty. On Can’t Take Ur Eyes Off Me, the Cali phenom administers a reality check to a chick who simply can’t take no for an answer. Over The Futuristics’ chill, downtempo synth production, Mills makes clear that said female’s “fallen off the deep end” if she thinks that calling him constantly, trashing him to everyone she knows, and airing the intimate details of their former sex life is going to win him back. In the process, he showcases a melodic, heavily-articulated delivery reminiscent of a certain rap megastar whose name begins with “D” and ends with a common lawn-care implement. But hey, nothing wrong with taking cues from a heavyweight. Have you fallen in love with Mills’ fresh, pop-appealing style? Watch for the artist to visit a city near you on his Leaving Home Tour (running from late September through November), as well as (if you haven’t already) downloading his Booth-hosted album of the same title.
Written by richard on 09/27/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"F*ck Em (With My Vans On)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.