For over ten years, Cash Money Records has pumped out hit after hit. Dating back to 1998 when Bling Bling and Back That Thang Up exploded, they’ve established a formula for charting on the radio and connecting to the streets. Sure they’ve ventured out here and there (what up, Jay Sean?), but they’ve never really had an urban pop hit. And what mixes well with today’s charts? Uptempo beats? Check. A female vocalist? Check. Superstar rap feature? Check. Thus, we introduce Cash Money’s newest songstress and signee T Lopez, who sets out to establish herself with the new single, Breathe, featuring none other than head honcho Lil’ Wayne. Produced by Sarom, Breathe is a high-energy and hypnotizing track with plenty of kicks to make you nod your head back and forth, almost making it irresistible to not respond in some fashion of dancing. The former Soluna member handles the chorus and her verses while Tunechi takes care of the back 16, giving the track a double-threat like Durant and Westbrook (yes, Thunder Up!). With Breathe only the first we’ve heard from Lopez, we’ll have to wait and see what the future holds for her, both musically and in the comments below.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 04/28/11
Cash Money/Universal Motown
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.