For over ten years, Cash Money Records has pumped out hit after hit. Dating back to 1998 when Bling Bling and Back That Thang Up exploded, they’ve established a formula for charting on the radio and connecting to the streets. Sure they’ve ventured out here and there (what up, Jay Sean?), but they’ve never really had an urban pop hit. And what mixes well with today’s charts? Uptempo beats? Check. A female vocalist? Check. Superstar rap feature? Check. Thus, we introduce Cash Money’s newest songstress and signee T Lopez, who sets out to establish herself with the new single, Breathe, featuring none other than head honcho Lil’ Wayne. Produced by Sarom, Breathe is a high-energy and hypnotizing track with plenty of kicks to make you nod your head back and forth, almost making it irresistible to not respond in some fashion of dancing. The former Soluna member handles the chorus and her verses while Tunechi takes care of the back 16, giving the track a double-threat like Durant and Westbrook (yes, Thunder Up!). With Breathe only the first we’ve heard from Lopez, we’ll have to wait and see what the future holds for her, both musically and in the comments below.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 04/28/11
Submit your Rating
Cash Money/Universal Motown
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.