For over ten years, Cash Money Records has pumped out hit after hit. Dating back to 1998 when Bling Bling and Back That Thang Up exploded, they’ve established a formula for charting on the radio and connecting to the streets. Sure they’ve ventured out here and there (what up, Jay Sean?), but they’ve never really had an urban pop hit. And what mixes well with today’s charts? Uptempo beats? Check. A female vocalist? Check. Superstar rap feature? Check. Thus, we introduce Cash Money’s newest songstress and signee T Lopez, who sets out to establish herself with the new single, Breathe, featuring none other than head honcho Lil’ Wayne. Produced by Sarom, Breathe is a high-energy and hypnotizing track with plenty of kicks to make you nod your head back and forth, almost making it irresistible to not respond in some fashion of dancing. The former Soluna member handles the chorus and her verses while Tunechi takes care of the back 16, giving the track a double-threat like Durant and Westbrook (yes, Thunder Up!). With Breathe only the first we’ve heard from Lopez, we’ll have to wait and see what the future holds for her, both musically and in the comments below.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 04/28/11
Submit your Rating
Cash Money/Universal Motown
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.