Booth newcomer T. Gaines might not have a Basquiat painting, Beyoncé as his wife or an NBA team, but when it comes to what really matters—mic skills—he is Better Than Hov. The Windy City native ain’t just talk; he backs up his claim on this hi-octane record. Powered by a cacophony of cascading synths and a thunderous bass, DJ‘s beat certainly sounds like something Hov would enjoy. Atop the production, Gaines makes a strong case for his superiority over the rap mogul, showcasing a fiery energy and a hard-hitting, slightly slurred flow. Better Than Hov can be found on Gaines’ The Groove God EP, out now via Audiomack.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/22/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.