Booth newcomer T. Gaines might not have a Basquiat painting, Beyoncé as his wife or an NBA team, but when it comes to what really matters—mic skills—he is Better Than Hov. The Windy City native ain’t just talk; he backs up his claim on this hi-octane record. Powered by a cacophony of cascading synths and a thunderous bass, DJ‘s beat certainly sounds like something Hov would enjoy. Atop the production, Gaines makes a strong case for his superiority over the rap mogul, showcasing a fiery energy and a hard-hitting, slightly slurred flow. Better Than Hov can be found on Gaines’ The Groove God EP, out now via Audiomack.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/22/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.