What? A week after the release of SZA‘s Top Dawg debut EP, you still haven’t copped the set? I’mma go ahead and assume that you just forgot the project had dropped—in which case, this freshly released single will be the perfect thing to jog your memory. Warm Winds begins with the rising R&B songstress asking the Man Upstairs to “make [her] a bird, so [she] can fly far, far, far away” from her troubles. That note of melancholy resounds throughout her understated verses which, though poetically abstract, seem to find her mourning the disintegration of a romantic relationship. Fellow TDE rookie Isaiah Rashad jumps on Larry Fisherman (aka Mac Miller) and Antydote‘s low-key instrumental to contribute backing vocals to the chorus. APLUZ Filmz team up with the headliner to direct the cut’s a moody, pastoral visual accompaniment. Feeling it? Then what are you waiting for—pick up a copy of Z, available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 04/15/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.