What? A week after the release of SZA‘s Top Dawg debut EP, you still haven’t copped the set? I’mma go ahead and assume that you just forgot the project had dropped—in which case, this freshly released single will be the perfect thing to jog your memory. Warm Winds begins with the rising R&B songstress asking the Man Upstairs to “make [her] a bird, so [she] can fly far, far, far away” from her troubles. That note of melancholy resounds throughout her understated verses which, though poetically abstract, seem to find her mourning the disintegration of a romantic relationship. Fellow TDE rookie Isaiah Rashad jumps on Larry Fisherman (aka Mac Miller) and Antydote‘s low-key instrumental to contribute backing vocals to the chorus. APLUZ Filmz team up with the headliner to direct the cut’s a moody, pastoral visual accompaniment. Feeling it? Then what are you waiting for—pick up a copy of Z, available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 04/15/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.