What? A week after the release of SZA‘s Top Dawg debut EP, you still haven’t copped the set? I’mma go ahead and assume that you just forgot the project had dropped—in which case, this freshly released single will be the perfect thing to jog your memory. Warm Winds begins with the rising R&B songstress asking the Man Upstairs to “make [her] a bird, so [she] can fly far, far, far away” from her troubles. That note of melancholy resounds throughout her understated verses which, though poetically abstract, seem to find her mourning the disintegration of a romantic relationship. Fellow TDE rookie Isaiah Rashad jumps on Larry Fisherman (aka Mac Miller) and Antydote‘s low-key instrumental to contribute backing vocals to the chorus. APLUZ Filmz team up with the headliner to direct the cut’s a moody, pastoral visual accompaniment. Feeling it? Then what are you waiting for—pick up a copy of Z, available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 04/15/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.