What? A week after the release of SZA‘s Top Dawg debut EP, you still haven’t copped the set? I’mma go ahead and assume that you just forgot the project had dropped—in which case, this freshly released single will be the perfect thing to jog your memory. Warm Winds begins with the rising R&B songstress asking the Man Upstairs to “make [her] a bird, so [she] can fly far, far, far away” from her troubles. That note of melancholy resounds throughout her understated verses which, though poetically abstract, seem to find her mourning the disintegration of a romantic relationship. Fellow TDE rookie Isaiah Rashad jumps on Larry Fisherman (aka Mac Miller) and Antydote‘s low-key instrumental to contribute backing vocals to the chorus. APLUZ Filmz team up with the headliner to direct the cut’s a moody, pastoral visual accompaniment. Feeling it? Then what are you waiting for—pick up a copy of Z, available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 04/15/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.