Lately, SZA has been an almost constant presence on our pages. Two days ago, the TDE singer drpoped off compilation single Mood Rings, and just this morning she returned with a follow-up in the Jill Scott-assisted Divinity. But you know what? I’m still not satisfied. So it’s a damn good thing she decided to unleash another brand cut today. Featured in conjunction with Rodney Passé‘s cinematic companion piece, EP single Julia / (Tender) is actually a two-for-one, featuring a bubbly, yet understated front half along with a much darker coda. Frequent collaborator Felix Snow mans the boards, showcasing characteristic mastery of mood and atmosphere. Fans can find Julia / (Tender) and much more on SZA’s Z EP, available now for streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 07/11/14
A few years ago, a girl with a free-flowing mound of hair by the name of Solana Rowe was passing out t-shirts to the members of hip-hop’s hottest crew, Top Dawg Entertainment at a Kendrick Lamar concert. As an employee of...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)