Lately, SZA has been an almost constant presence on our pages. Two days ago, the TDE singer drpoped off compilation single Mood Rings, and just this morning she returned with a follow-up in the Jill Scott-assisted Divinity. But you know what? I’m still not satisfied. So it’s a damn good thing she decided to unleash another brand cut today. Featured in conjunction with Rodney Passé‘s cinematic companion piece, EP single Julia / (Tender) is actually a two-for-one, featuring a bubbly, yet understated front half along with a much darker coda. Frequent collaborator Felix Snow mans the boards, showcasing characteristic mastery of mood and atmosphere. Fans can find Julia / (Tender) and much more on SZA’s Z EP, available now for streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 07/11/14
A few years ago, a girl with a free-flowing mound of hair by the name of Solana Rowe was passing out t-shirts to the members of hip-hop’s hottest crew, Top Dawg Entertainment at a Kendrick Lamar concert. As an employee of...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.