Lately, SZA has been an almost constant presence on our pages. Two days ago, the TDE singer drpoped off compilation single Mood Rings, and just this morning she returned with a follow-up in the Jill Scott-assisted Divinity. But you know what? I’m still not satisfied. So it’s a damn good thing she decided to unleash another brand cut today. Featured in conjunction with Rodney Passé‘s cinematic companion piece, EP single Julia / (Tender) is actually a two-for-one, featuring a bubbly, yet understated front half along with a much darker coda. Frequent collaborator Felix Snow mans the boards, showcasing characteristic mastery of mood and atmosphere. Fans can find Julia / (Tender) and much more on SZA’s Z EP, available now for streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 07/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.