Just two short days after donning her Mood Ring on a Booth-approved single off DJ Kitty Cash‘s next compilation, TDE songstress SZA is back on our front page with another fresh record—and this time she’s got company. Jill Scott, the R&B veteran who brought us Blessed, joins the headliner on Divinity, showcasing her pipes over Om’mas Keith‘s subtly driving electronic boardwork. The two vocalists play off each other masterfully, together weaving an intricate, soulful web of melody and harmony. This cut isn’t attached to a larger project but, if the current pattern holds, we’ll be hearing more from SZA (and hopeful Scott as well) sooner rather than later.
Written by richard on 07/11/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)