Just two short days after donning her Mood Ring on a Booth-approved single off DJ Kitty Cash‘s next compilation, TDE songstress SZA is back on our front page with another fresh record—and this time she’s got company. Jill Scott, the R&B veteran who brought us Blessed, joins the headliner on Divinity, showcasing her pipes over Om’mas Keith‘s subtly driving electronic boardwork. The two vocalists play off each other masterfully, together weaving an intricate, soulful web of melody and harmony. This cut isn’t attached to a larger project but, if the current pattern holds, we’ll be hearing more from SZA (and hopeful Scott as well) sooner rather than later.
Written by richard on 07/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.