Just two short days after donning her Mood Ring on a Booth-approved single off DJ Kitty Cash‘s next compilation, TDE songstress SZA is back on our front page with another fresh record—and this time she’s got company. Jill Scott, the R&B veteran who brought us Blessed, joins the headliner on Divinity, showcasing her pipes over Om’mas Keith‘s subtly driving electronic boardwork. The two vocalists play off each other masterfully, together weaving an intricate, soulful web of melody and harmony. This cut isn’t attached to a larger project but, if the current pattern holds, we’ll be hearing more from SZA (and hopeful Scott as well) sooner rather than later.
Written by richard on 07/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.