Just two short days after donning her Mood Ring on a Booth-approved single off DJ Kitty Cash‘s next compilation, TDE songstress SZA is back on our front page with another fresh record—and this time she’s got company. Jill Scott, the R&B veteran who brought us Blessed, joins the headliner on Divinity, showcasing her pipes over Om’mas Keith‘s subtly driving electronic boardwork. The two vocalists play off each other masterfully, together weaving an intricate, soulful web of melody and harmony. This cut isn’t attached to a larger project but, if the current pattern holds, we’ll be hearing more from SZA (and hopeful Scott as well) sooner rather than later.
Written by richard on 07/11/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.