Just two short days after donning her Mood Ring on a Booth-approved single off DJ Kitty Cash‘s next compilation, TDE songstress SZA is back on our front page with another fresh record—and this time she’s got company. Jill Scott, the R&B veteran who brought us Blessed, joins the headliner on Divinity, showcasing her pipes over Om’mas Keith‘s subtly driving electronic boardwork. The two vocalists play off each other masterfully, together weaving an intricate, soulful web of melody and harmony. This cut isn’t attached to a larger project but, if the current pattern holds, we’ll be hearing more from SZA (and hopeful Scott as well) sooner rather than later.
Written by richard on 07/11/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.