As many of our readers observed when she made her first Booth appearance back in August of 2012, St. Louis chanteuse SZA makes the kind of music that can take you to another place. Having shown us around an undiscovered Country on her debut feature, the artist does herself one better on this freshly-released single, taking us to visit the ICE.MOON where she goes when she wants to hide from prying eyes. The aptly-named Felix Snow and production partner Partick Luhens double up behind the boards, backing the singer’s cryptic, yet soulful verses with chilly bell arpeggios and a languid rhythm section. If you enjoyed this aural journey, you’ll undoubtedly find more to your liking on SZA’s debut EP, See.SZA.Run, released last fall and available now online.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view SZA’s Lemar & Dauley-directed ICE.MOON visual.
Written by richard on 11/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.