As many of our readers observed when she made her first Booth appearance back in August of 2012, St. Louis chanteuse SZA makes the kind of music that can take you to another place. Having shown us around an undiscovered Country on her debut feature, the artist does herself one better on this freshly-released single, taking us to visit the ICE.MOON where she goes when she wants to hide from prying eyes. The aptly-named Felix Snow and production partner Partick Luhens double up behind the boards, backing the singer’s cryptic, yet soulful verses with chilly bell arpeggios and a languid rhythm section. If you enjoyed this aural journey, you’ll undoubtedly find more to your liking on SZA’s debut EP, See.SZA.Run, released last fall and available now online.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view SZA’s Lemar & Dauley-directed ICE.MOON visual.
Written by richard on 11/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.