As many of our readers observed when she made her first Booth appearance back in August of 2012, St. Louis chanteuse SZA makes the kind of music that can take you to another place. Having shown us around an undiscovered Country on her debut feature, the artist does herself one better on this freshly-released single, taking us to visit the ICE.MOON where she goes when she wants to hide from prying eyes. The aptly-named Felix Snow and production partner Partick Luhens double up behind the boards, backing the singer’s cryptic, yet soulful verses with chilly bell arpeggios and a languid rhythm section. If you enjoyed this aural journey, you’ll undoubtedly find more to your liking on SZA’s debut EP, See.SZA.Run, released last fall and available now online.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view SZA’s Lemar & Dauley-directed ICE.MOON visual.
Written by richard on 11/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.