Update: Click “Watch Video” above to view the Country video. Mobile users can scroll down.
St. Louis native SZA may consider herself a “small town suburbanite” with a love of all things Wu-Tang, but there’s absolutely nothing “small town” about her DJBooth debut Country. In fact, it’s the type of effortlessly unique record you’ll likely here at an exclusive New York City shindig or an equally chic Los Angeles lounge, and with a Twitter timeline littered with both Adele and Ernest Hemingway quotes, SZA’s uniqueness clearly goes far beyond music. Country is hypnotizing to say the least, the songstress’ vocals are airily inviting and producer brandUn DeShay‘s flip of a record from Australian electro duo Empire Of The Sun is an unexpected bit of perfection. Since the intoxicating record serves as merely the second release from SZA’s forthcoming See SZA Run EP, expect to hear plenty more from the singer in the future.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/30/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Teen Spirit" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.