Update: Click “Watch Video” above to view the Country video. Mobile users can scroll down.
St. Louis native SZA may consider herself a “small town suburbanite” with a love of all things Wu-Tang, but there’s absolutely nothing “small town” about her DJBooth debut Country. In fact, it’s the type of effortlessly unique record you’ll likely here at an exclusive New York City shindig or an equally chic Los Angeles lounge, and with a Twitter timeline littered with both Adele and Ernest Hemingway quotes, SZA’s uniqueness clearly goes far beyond music. Country is hypnotizing to say the least, the songstress’ vocals are airily inviting and producer brandUn DeShay‘s flip of a record from Australian electro duo Empire Of The Sun is an unexpected bit of perfection. Since the intoxicating record serves as merely the second release from SZA’s forthcoming See SZA Run EP, expect to hear plenty more from the singer in the future.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/30/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Teen Spirit" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)