Update: Click “Watch Video” above to view the Country video. Mobile users can scroll down.
St. Louis native SZA may consider herself a “small town suburbanite” with a love of all things Wu-Tang, but there’s absolutely nothing “small town” about her DJBooth debut Country. In fact, it’s the type of effortlessly unique record you’ll likely here at an exclusive New York City shindig or an equally chic Los Angeles lounge, and with a Twitter timeline littered with both Adele and Ernest Hemingway quotes, SZA’s uniqueness clearly goes far beyond music. Country is hypnotizing to say the least, the songstress’ vocals are airily inviting and producer brandUn DeShay‘s flip of a record from Australian electro duo Empire Of The Sun is an unexpected bit of perfection. Since the intoxicating record serves as merely the second release from SZA’s forthcoming See SZA Run EP, expect to hear plenty more from the singer in the future.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/30/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Teen Spirit" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.