Syler is many things—a skilled rhymesayer, an NYC native, a burgeoning Booth fave… But if there’s one thing he’d like to emphasize above all else, it’s this: “I am What I Am.” The message of this freshly-minted mixtape single may be tautological, but those who listen closely will discover a few new things about the underground emcee. Over J. Glaze‘s piano-loop beat (complete with cuts and scratches by DJ Devastate), he offers some real talk regarding his spiritual beliefs (“Furthest thing from religious, I burnt my bridges.”), and assures us that his Ivy League education hasn’t hurt his prospects with the ladies (“[I’ll] captivate a Capulet like Romeo, you know I’m ready.”). Want to learn even more about Syler? Then be sure to cop his One Minute to Midnight LP November 19, when it drops digitally via The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 11/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dusk Till Dawn" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.