Syler is many things—a skilled rhymesayer, an NYC native, a burgeoning Booth fave… But if there’s one thing he’d like to emphasize above all else, it’s this: “I am What I Am.” The message of this freshly-minted mixtape single may be tautological, but those who listen closely will discover a few new things about the underground emcee. Over J. Glaze‘s piano-loop beat (complete with cuts and scratches by DJ Devastate), he offers some real talk regarding his spiritual beliefs (“Furthest thing from religious, I burnt my bridges.”), and assures us that his Ivy League education hasn’t hurt his prospects with the ladies (“[I’ll] captivate a Capulet like Romeo, you know I’m ready.”). Want to learn even more about Syler? Then be sure to cop his One Minute to Midnight LP November 19, when it drops digitally via The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 11/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dusk Till Dawn" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.