Syler is many things—a skilled rhymesayer, an NYC native, a burgeoning Booth fave… But if there’s one thing he’d like to emphasize above all else, it’s this: “I am What I Am.” The message of this freshly-minted mixtape single may be tautological, but those who listen closely will discover a few new things about the underground emcee. Over J. Glaze‘s piano-loop beat (complete with cuts and scratches by DJ Devastate), he offers some real talk regarding his spiritual beliefs (“Furthest thing from religious, I burnt my bridges.”), and assures us that his Ivy League education hasn’t hurt his prospects with the ladies (“[I’ll] captivate a Capulet like Romeo, you know I’m ready.”). Want to learn even more about Syler? Then be sure to cop his One Minute to Midnight LP November 19, when it drops digitally via The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 11/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dusk Till Dawn" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.