Syler is many things—a skilled rhymesayer, an NYC native, a burgeoning Booth fave… But if there’s one thing he’d like to emphasize above all else, it’s this: “I am What I Am.” The message of this freshly-minted mixtape single may be tautological, but those who listen closely will discover a few new things about the underground emcee. Over J. Glaze‘s piano-loop beat (complete with cuts and scratches by DJ Devastate), he offers some real talk regarding his spiritual beliefs (“Furthest thing from religious, I burnt my bridges.”), and assures us that his Ivy League education hasn’t hurt his prospects with the ladies (“[I’ll] captivate a Capulet like Romeo, you know I’m ready.”). Want to learn even more about Syler? Then be sure to cop his One Minute to Midnight LP November 19, when it drops digitally via The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 11/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dusk Till Dawn" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)