Is it me, or is it getting a little hot in here? No, this isn’t a transparent ploy to get you to “take off all your clothes.” (Though if you feel like it, by all means, be my guest.) It’s just that, after a listen to Syleena Johnson and Musiq Soulchild‘s latest single, Feel the Fire, I have the distinct sensation that the mercury’s risen by a couple degrees. Premiered yesterday via Billboard, this joint finds the Grammy-nominated R&B songstress and the Philly-repping singer/songwriter engaging in a little flirtatious back-and-forth over the balmy, reggae-informed boardwork of Keman McGregor. Complete with a wordlessly catchy, sing-along hook, this sizzling cut is one of many fresh, eclectic jams to be found on forthcoming collaborative full-length 9INE. Keep it locked for for further details on the project, which as yet lacks a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 05/16/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.