Since Chapter 3: The Flesh was released in ‘05, singer Syleena Johnson has been through numerous life changes. After leaving longtime label Jive (on good terms), the Chicago songbird has made various moves on a personal level (getting married and having a son), as well as on the business side (launching her own label, Aneelys Records). Now, ready to open back up her book this coming September, Syleena will present to the world Chapter 4, appropriately titled Labor Pains. The first page is somewhat brighter than the rest of the chapter, as It Is True expresses the joy of having found true love that lasts, which is only enhanced by producer Toxic‘s harp-synth-brass-percussion mix.
Listen to More: Syleena Johnson
Written by Burmy on 04/29/08
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.