Since Chapter 3: The Flesh was released in ‘05, singer Syleena Johnson has been through numerous life changes. After leaving longtime label Jive (on good terms), the Chicago songbird has made various moves on a personal level (getting married and having a son), as well as on the business side (launching her own label, Aneelys Records). Now, ready to open back up her book this coming September, Syleena will present to the world Chapter 4, appropriately titled Labor Pains. The first page is somewhat brighter than the rest of the chapter, as It Is True expresses the joy of having found true love that lasts, which is only enhanced by producer Toxic‘s harp-synth-brass-percussion mix.
Written by Burmy on 04/29/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.