Since Chapter 3: The Flesh was released in ‘05, singer Syleena Johnson has been through numerous life changes. After leaving longtime label Jive (on good terms), the Chicago songbird has made various moves on a personal level (getting married and having a son), as well as on the business side (launching her own label, Aneelys Records). Now, ready to open back up her book this coming September, Syleena will present to the world Chapter 4, appropriately titled Labor Pains. The first page is somewhat brighter than the rest of the chapter, as It Is True expresses the joy of having found true love that lasts, which is only enhanced by producer Toxic‘s harp-synth-brass-percussion mix.
Listen to More: Syleena Johnson
Written by Burmy on 04/29/08
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.