Since Chapter 3: The Flesh was released in ‘05, singer Syleena Johnson has been through numerous life changes. After leaving longtime label Jive (on good terms), the Chicago songbird has made various moves on a personal level (getting married and having a son), as well as on the business side (launching her own label, Aneelys Records). Now, ready to open back up her book this coming September, Syleena will present to the world Chapter 4, appropriately titled Labor Pains. The first page is somewhat brighter than the rest of the chapter, as It Is True expresses the joy of having found true love that lasts, which is only enhanced by producer Toxic‘s harp-synth-brass-percussion mix.
Written by Burmy on 04/29/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)