Since Chapter 3: The Flesh was released in ‘05, singer Syleena Johnson has been through numerous life changes. After leaving longtime label Jive (on good terms), the Chicago songbird has made various moves on a personal level (getting married and having a son), as well as on the business side (launching her own label, Aneelys Records). Now, ready to open back up her book this coming September, Syleena will present to the world Chapter 4, appropriately titled Labor Pains. The first page is somewhat brighter than the rest of the chapter, as It Is True expresses the joy of having found true love that lasts, which is only enhanced by producer Toxic‘s harp-synth-brass-percussion mix.
Listen to More: Syleena Johnson
Written by Burmy on 04/29/08
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.