When a new artist from the Chi’s vibrant music scene makes his or her debut on our pages, you owe it to yourself to pay Attention. That goes double, of course, when the record is a Booth-exclusive world premiere. Previously heard handling guest duties on Mayo‘s Memories, unsigned singer-songwriter and producer Sydney Jay steps into the spotlight with a freshly-minted single off her next EP. Over a hip hop-infused synth beat created by Jay in conjunction with BJMN, the artist soulfully addresses a man she thinks she might be falling for, though they only just met. Has this cut piqued your interest? Then stay tuned for further details on Sydney’s Red Logic EP, which currently lacks a drop date.
Written by richard on 06/9/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.