The promo team behind Godzilla is winning on another level. I’m starting to imagine ads for the film where they don’t exist, and for good reason. As soon as I started listening to the latest single from Swollen Members, all I could see was the green monster towering over a skyscraper and knocking it down with one quick swipe of its tail. On Supreme Beings, the Canadian group brings its A game, from Rob The Viking‘s sinister production to the rebellious, no nonsense rhymes of Madchild and Prevail. And venue promoters can rest easy. The Leader of the Dwarf Lords aka Madchild is now sober. But I can’t speak for Prevail as he marches in with the rest of the Battle Axe army. Consider Supreme Beings as a gift from the group as it won’t appear on their upcoming Brand New Day album (out 6/17). Today’s scratches were brought to you by DJ D-Rec.
Written by Bryan H on 05/5/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Red Dragon" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.