The promo team behind Godzilla is winning on another level. I’m starting to imagine ads for the film where they don’t exist, and for good reason. As soon as I started listening to the latest single from Swollen Members, all I could see was the green monster towering over a skyscraper and knocking it down with one quick swipe of its tail. On Supreme Beings, the Canadian group brings its A game, from Rob The Viking‘s sinister production to the rebellious, no nonsense rhymes of Madchild and Prevail. And venue promoters can rest easy. The Leader of the Dwarf Lords aka Madchild is now sober. But I can’t speak for Prevail as he marches in with the rest of the Battle Axe army. Consider Supreme Beings as a gift from the group as it won’t appear on their upcoming Brand New Day album (out 6/17). Today’s scratches were brought to you by DJ D-Rec.
Written by Bryan H on 05/5/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Red Dragon" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.