The promo team behind Godzilla is winning on another level. I’m starting to imagine ads for the film where they don’t exist, and for good reason. As soon as I started listening to the latest single from Swollen Members, all I could see was the green monster towering over a skyscraper and knocking it down with one quick swipe of its tail. On Supreme Beings, the Canadian group brings its A game, from Rob The Viking‘s sinister production to the rebellious, no nonsense rhymes of Madchild and Prevail. And venue promoters can rest easy. The Leader of the Dwarf Lords aka Madchild is now sober. But I can’t speak for Prevail as he marches in with the rest of the Battle Axe army. Consider Supreme Beings as a gift from the group as it won’t appear on their upcoming Brand New Day album (out 6/17). Today’s scratches were brought to you by DJ D-Rec.
Written by Bryan H on 05/5/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Red Dragon" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.