The promo team behind Godzilla is winning on another level. I’m starting to imagine ads for the film where they don’t exist, and for good reason. As soon as I started listening to the latest single from Swollen Members, all I could see was the green monster towering over a skyscraper and knocking it down with one quick swipe of its tail. On Supreme Beings, the Canadian group brings its A game, from Rob The Viking‘s sinister production to the rebellious, no nonsense rhymes of Madchild and Prevail. And venue promoters can rest easy. The Leader of the Dwarf Lords aka Madchild is now sober. But I can’t speak for Prevail as he marches in with the rest of the Battle Axe army. Consider Supreme Beings as a gift from the group as it won’t appear on their upcoming Brand New Day album (out 6/17). Today’s scratches were brought to you by DJ D-Rec.
Written by Bryan H on 05/5/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Red Dragon" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)