The Swollen Members’ collective moniker speaks volumes about the Vancouver-based trio’s style—if you guessed “crass, confrontational, and unapologetically underground,” you’re right on the money. New to the Booth but not to the game (the group dropped their debut studio album back in 1999) Mad Child, Prevail, and Rob the Viking have reunited with original Member Moka Only to give listeners the first taste of their long-awaited Armed to the Teeth LP. Premiered last Friday on Sirius/XM’s Jason Ellis Show, Red Dragon finds Rob serving up a propulsive chopped-piano instrumental as his fellow Members (and ex-Member) spit a high-impact mix of braggadocio and blood-soaked trash talk—Mad Child’s maniacal, almost helium-voiced middle verse is especially memorable. Those digging this aggressive, amped-up jam can get their full-length fix October 13th, when the Swollen Members’ latest studio album hits online retailers and record shops everywhere.
Written by richard on 08/17/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"King of Diamonds" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.