While Mad Child has made a few solo Booth appearances in the interim, it’s been about three-and-a-half years since the Swollen Members have come together to bring us a fresh feature. (August 2009’s Red Dragon was the first, and thus far last, we heard from them.) Now consisting of Mad Child, co-founding Member Prevail and DJ Rob Viking, the Vancouver crew make their long-awaited return to our pages with a fresh single off their next studio album. King of Diamonds is more of the grimy, ‘90s-informed underground hip-hop that fans have come to expect, with Viking showcasing his turntable techniques in between his colleagues’ aggressive 16s. Big Shot Music, Inc offer us a glimpse of the group’s studio in the official visuals. Fans will be able to find this cut and many more bangers on the Swollen Members’ Beautiful Death Machine LP, due out March 19, via Battleaxe Records.
Written by richard on 02/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Red Dragon" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.