Been itching to get a closer look at SwizZz ever since he made his first Booth appearance on Funk Volume ensemble cut FV2013? Now’s your chance. On his latest single and debut solo feature, the SoCal buzzmaker invites listeners to Zoom In and feast their eyes on his visage—spooky black contacts and all. SwizZz handles both mic and production duties on this hard-hitting selection, crafting an eerie synth beat to back his brash, high-momentum rhymes. The aggression in his delivery stands in sharp contrast to the content of his verses, which find him reflecting on the professional and familial obstacles he’s had to surmount in order to establish himself in the rap game. George Orozco directs the joint’s gritty, minimalistic official video. The project to which this joint is attached currently lacks both a title and a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/1/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.