Been itching to get a closer look at SwizZz ever since he made his first Booth appearance on Funk Volume ensemble cut FV2013? Now’s your chance. On his latest single and debut solo feature, the SoCal buzzmaker invites listeners to Zoom In and feast their eyes on his visage—spooky black contacts and all. SwizZz handles both mic and production duties on this hard-hitting selection, crafting an eerie synth beat to back his brash, high-momentum rhymes. The aggression in his delivery stands in sharp contrast to the content of his verses, which find him reflecting on the professional and familial obstacles he’s had to surmount in order to establish himself in the rap game. George Orozco directs the joint’s gritty, minimalistic official video. The project to which this joint is attached currently lacks both a title and a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/1/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.