Been itching to get a closer look at SwizZz ever since he made his first Booth appearance on Funk Volume ensemble cut FV2013? Now’s your chance. On his latest single and debut solo feature, the SoCal buzzmaker invites listeners to Zoom In and feast their eyes on his visage—spooky black contacts and all. SwizZz handles both mic and production duties on this hard-hitting selection, crafting an eerie synth beat to back his brash, high-momentum rhymes. The aggression in his delivery stands in sharp contrast to the content of his verses, which find him reflecting on the professional and familial obstacles he’s had to surmount in order to establish himself in the rap game. George Orozco directs the joint’s gritty, minimalistic official video. The project to which this joint is attached currently lacks both a title and a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/1/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.