Undaunted by the disappointing sales of his latest album, One Man Band Man, Swizz Beatz is already hard at work on a currently untitled follow-up. Taking out his frustrations on the booth, Swizzy calls out anyone who talks a big game, but doesn’t put their money where their mouth is; he asks, Where The Cash At? While listeners are often quick to critique his verses, even Swizzy knows that his best asset is his production work. Where The Cash At? is no exception, with its majestic sound and bassline borrowed from Cassidy‘s I’m A Hustla (later borrowed by Apex on 50 Cent‘s I Get Money). Although it is currently unknown whether or not Where The Cash At? will be featured on SB’s next album, the song will most certainly be blasting out of speakers all summer long.
Written by Burmy on 05/4/08
Submit your Rating
Monster Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come N Get Me" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.