Swizz Beatz’ new single, Top Down, is not what you would consider “ridin” music. If a poll of Texans was taken, to see if Top Down is an “acceptable while crusin’ song,” the overwhelming response would be “No” (except for the random chopped n’ screwed elements thrown in). With that said, there is no doubt someone, somewhere, will throughly enjoy blasting this big band orchestra-like masterpiece courtesy of SB and co-producer, The “E. McCaine” Edition. The lyrical prowess of Swizzy, like most producers who rap, indicates there is much to be desired; although since feel good music is currently being sought at a premium, this hits the spot!
Written by DJ Z on 08/20/07
Submit your Rating
Monster Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come N Get Me ft. Cassidy" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.