Swizz Beatz’ new single, Top Down, is not what you would consider “ridin” music. If a poll of Texans was taken, to see if Top Down is an “acceptable while crusin’ song,” the overwhelming response would be “No” (except for the random chopped n’ screwed elements thrown in). With that said, there is no doubt someone, somewhere, will throughly enjoy blasting this big band orchestra-like masterpiece courtesy of SB and co-producer, The “E. McCaine” Edition. The lyrical prowess of Swizzy, like most producers who rap, indicates there is much to be desired; although since feel good music is currently being sought at a premium, this hits the spot!
Written by DJ Z on 08/20/07
Submit your Rating
Monster Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come N Get Me ft. Cassidy" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)