Unlike some of my fellow Hip-Hop heads out there, I actually find Swizz Beatz’ Monster Mondays an excellent contribution to the game right now. Ok, so it’s not the weekly phenomena that was Good Friday, but what his series lacks in depth it makes up for in good ole’ fashion feel good music. This week’s release, Ass on the Floor, featuring Diddy/Dirty Money falls right in line. Excluding the title itself, lyrically, the track fits perfectly with the continuing Dirty Money theme of exploring heartbreak, with Kalenna singing, “You’re the love of my life/ But you hurt my heart twice/ Now I’m drunker than a mother**ker…” Meanwhile, Diddy, whose appearance somewhat throws off the mood, smokes his pain away while listening to Sade (haven’t we all). On the beat Swizzy encourages you hit the dance floor and forget about the haters over his rapid fire drums smothered in dreamy synths, forming the kind of beat that will make you forget about your wack love life for at least four minutes. And that alone may be a blessing in disguise for some of us.
Written by Jessica "Compton" Bennett on 11/29/10
Submit your Rating
Monster Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come N Get Me ft. Cassidy" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.