Over the course of human history, countless revolutionary parties have attempted to reshape the world according to their utopian visions. Swizz Beatz? The heavyweight producer’s International Party looks a lot like… an international party. Recorded for Reebok’s new Reethym of Life campaign, this high-energy finds the beatsmith installing himself as global dictator, proclaiming: “I don’t really care who’s in here / I’ma run this planet, this is my year.” Luckily, the regime he instates is a benevolent one, with only one law: everybody has to step out onto the floor. Listeners won’t need to be asked twice—Swizzy’s instrumental, a synth-drenched affair replete with bracing buildups and exhilarating breakdowns, should ensure that bodies start moving of their own accord. The beautiful and talented Alicia Keys ties it all together, contributing her muscular backing vocals to the record’s chorus. While this promotional joint isn’t slated for inclusion on any forthcoming project, those who want to be part of Swizz Beatz’ club-banging musical revolution can start by peeping the record’s official video accompaniment here.
Written by richard on 08/1/11
Submit your Rating
Monster Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come N Get Me ft. Cassidy" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.