Ever so often, an artist comes along who doesn’t quite fit into any one musical category, but ends up taking the hip-hop world by storm. Please allow us to reintroduce M.I.A., whose international hit single Paper Planes has received heavy airplay in various urban formats and inspired Kanye West to sample one of its lines on Swagga Like Us. Similarly, its follow-up, Boyz, has been remixed with a new verse from Jay-Z and has also inspired superproducer/rapper Swizz Beatz to concoct I’m Supposed To Ball. Unlike many artists who hop on the hottest beats, Swizzy sounds right at home over the original production by M.I.A. And Switch. Only question is, has the recession affected his portfolio?
Written by Burmy on 11/12/08
Submit your Rating
Monster Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come N Get Me ft. Cassidy" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.