Swizz Beatz may be looking to prove that there’s Life After the Party with his forthcoming LP, but this newly-released remix finds the revelry still in full swing. Although this version of Up In Tha Club retains the original verses and Weezy‘s Auto-Tuned hook (complete with Luke‘s “Don’t stop, get it get it” sample), it’s a pretty drastic overhaul – in addition to trading the cut’s marimba-laced production for a head-bobbing break, Swizz enlists the help of two new collaborators: a proven quantity in the clubs, Busta Rhymes is sure to get bodies moving with his guest contribution, but the real star of the show is Harlem’s Cross, whose energetic closing verse ends the record on a high note. Adding some retro flavor to the emcee/producer’s latest single, this remix should be a hit with old-school fans looking to get their dance on. Life After the Party, Swizz’s sophomore studio album, has yet to receive a solid release date.
Monster Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come N Get Me ft. Cassidy" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!