Swizz Beatz may be looking to prove that there’s Life After the Party with his forthcoming LP, but this newly-released remix finds the revelry still in full swing. Although this version of Up In Tha Club retains the original verses and Weezy‘s Auto-Tuned hook (complete with Luke‘s “Don’t stop, get it get it” sample), it’s a pretty drastic overhaul – in addition to trading the cut’s marimba-laced production for a head-bobbing break, Swizz enlists the help of two new collaborators: a proven quantity in the clubs, Busta Rhymes is sure to get bodies moving with his guest contribution, but the real star of the show is Harlem’s Cross, whose energetic closing verse ends the record on a high note. Adding some retro flavor to the emcee/producer’s latest single, this remix should be a hit with old-school fans looking to get their dance on. Life After the Party, Swizz’s sophomore studio album, has yet to receive a solid release date.
Written by richard on 02/9/09
Submit your Rating
Monster Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come N Get Me ft. Cassidy" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)