Swizz Beatz may be looking to prove that there’s Life After the Party with his forthcoming LP, but this newly-released remix finds the revelry still in full swing. Although this version of Up In Tha Club retains the original verses and Weezy‘s Auto-Tuned hook (complete with Luke‘s “Don’t stop, get it get it” sample), it’s a pretty drastic overhaul – in addition to trading the cut’s marimba-laced production for a head-bobbing break, Swizz enlists the help of two new collaborators: a proven quantity in the clubs, Busta Rhymes is sure to get bodies moving with his guest contribution, but the real star of the show is Harlem’s Cross, whose energetic closing verse ends the record on a high note. Adding some retro flavor to the emcee/producer’s latest single, this remix should be a hit with old-school fans looking to get their dance on. Life After the Party, Swizz’s sophomore studio album, has yet to receive a solid release date.
Written by richard on 02/9/09
Submit your Rating
Monster Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come N Get Me" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.