Swizz Beatz may be looking to prove that there’s Life After the Party with his forthcoming LP, but this newly-released remix finds the revelry still in full swing. Although this version of Up In Tha Club retains the original verses and Weezy‘s Auto-Tuned hook (complete with Luke‘s “Don’t stop, get it get it” sample), it’s a pretty drastic overhaul – in addition to trading the cut’s marimba-laced production for a head-bobbing break, Swizz enlists the help of two new collaborators: a proven quantity in the clubs, Busta Rhymes is sure to get bodies moving with his guest contribution, but the real star of the show is Harlem’s Cross, whose energetic closing verse ends the record on a high note. Adding some retro flavor to the emcee/producer’s latest single, this remix should be a hit with old-school fans looking to get their dance on. Life After the Party, Swizz’s sophomore studio album, has yet to receive a solid release date.
Written by richard on 02/9/09
Submit your Rating
Monster Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come N Get Me ft. Cassidy" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.