After leaving his label home with Ruff Ryders to sign with producer Swizz Beatz and his label, Full Surface, rapper Drag-On hopped into the studio to record two songs for Swizzy’s solo album, One Man Band Man. One made the album (Bust Ya Gunz); the other did not. On the unreleased song, Hard Knocks, both artists remind the phonies that “if ya soft, get lost”. Although Swizzy’s verses are once again suspect, he continues to excel at his production craft, constructing a beat that sounds like a darker version of Beyonce and Jay‘s Upgrade U. For fans who are enthusiastic over the collabo, Drag-On hopes to release his Full Surface debut later this year.
Written by Burmy on 02/7/08
Submit your Rating
Monster Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come N Get Me ft. Cassidy" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.