After leaving his label home with Ruff Ryders to sign with producer Swizz Beatz and his label, Full Surface, rapper Drag-On hopped into the studio to record two songs for Swizzy’s solo album, One Man Band Man. One made the album (Bust Ya Gunz); the other did not. On the unreleased song, Hard Knocks, both artists remind the phonies that “if ya soft, get lost”. Although Swizzy’s verses are once again suspect, he continues to excel at his production craft, constructing a beat that sounds like a darker version of Beyonce and Jay‘s Upgrade U. For fans who are enthusiastic over the collabo, Drag-On hopes to release his Full Surface debut later this year.
Written by Burmy on 02/7/08
Submit your Rating
Monster Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come N Get Me ft. Cassidy" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.