After leaving his label home with Ruff Ryders to sign with producer Swizz Beatz and his label, Full Surface, rapper Drag-On hopped into the studio to record two songs for Swizzy’s solo album, One Man Band Man. One made the album (Bust Ya Gunz); the other did not. On the unreleased song, Hard Knocks, both artists remind the phonies that “if ya soft, get lost”. Although Swizzy’s verses are once again suspect, he continues to excel at his production craft, constructing a beat that sounds like a darker version of Beyonce and Jay‘s Upgrade U. For fans who are enthusiastic over the collabo, Drag-On hopes to release his Full Surface debut later this year.
Listen to More: Swizz Beatz
Written by Burmy on 02/7/08
Monster Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come N Get Me ft. Cassidy" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)