After leaving his label home with Ruff Ryders to sign with producer Swizz Beatz and his label, Full Surface, rapper Drag-On hopped into the studio to record two songs for Swizzy’s solo album, One Man Band Man. One made the album (Bust Ya Gunz); the other did not. On the unreleased song, Hard Knocks, both artists remind the phonies that “if ya soft, get lost”. Although Swizzy’s verses are once again suspect, he continues to excel at his production craft, constructing a beat that sounds like a darker version of Beyonce and Jay‘s Upgrade U. For fans who are enthusiastic over the collabo, Drag-On hopes to release his Full Surface debut later this year.
Written by Burmy on 02/7/08
Submit your Rating
Monster Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come N Get Me" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.