After leaving his label home with Ruff Ryders to sign with producer Swizz Beatz and his label, Full Surface, rapper Drag-On hopped into the studio to record two songs for Swizzy’s solo album, One Man Band Man. One made the album (Bust Ya Gunz); the other did not. On the unreleased song, Hard Knocks, both artists remind the phonies that “if ya soft, get lost”. Although Swizzy’s verses are once again suspect, he continues to excel at his production craft, constructing a beat that sounds like a darker version of Beyonce and Jay‘s Upgrade U. For fans who are enthusiastic over the collabo, Drag-On hopes to release his Full Surface debut later this year.
Written by Burmy on 02/7/08
Submit your Rating
Monster Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come N Get Me ft. Cassidy" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.