It seems like only yesterday that Swizz Beatz was getting Fancy with Drake and Mary J. Blige. Always a mover and a shaker, he’s elevated to Haute Living status and has titled his upcoming project accordingly. Veteran femcee and fellow Ruff Ryders alum Eve joins him on the first single from the project, Everyday (Coolin’), and she reminds us why she was known as “a pitbull in a skirt” back in the Ruff Ryders’ heyday with a growling, aggressive delivery. Swizzy trades his signature horns for a sound that can only be described as a bumblebee on speed to shape the melodic elements of the song, while galloping drums drive the tempo to club banger status. Those of you who prefer less Swizz Beatz rapping/talking on a track probably aren’t going to get into this, in spite of the solid production. I invite you to give it a shot, you may be surprised – if you hate it, feel free to accost me on Twitter @softjunebreeze. In the meantime, keep DJBooth on your radar for more from Haute Living as it becomes available.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 03/29/11
Submit your Rating
Monster Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come N Get Me" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.