It seems like only yesterday that Swizz Beatz was getting Fancy with Drake and Mary J. Blige. Always a mover and a shaker, he’s elevated to Haute Living status and has titled his upcoming project accordingly. Veteran femcee and fellow Ruff Ryders alum Eve joins him on the first single from the project, Everyday (Coolin’), and she reminds us why she was known as “a pitbull in a skirt” back in the Ruff Ryders’ heyday with a growling, aggressive delivery. Swizzy trades his signature horns for a sound that can only be described as a bumblebee on speed to shape the melodic elements of the song, while galloping drums drive the tempo to club banger status. Those of you who prefer less Swizz Beatz rapping/talking on a track probably aren’t going to get into this, in spite of the solid production. I invite you to give it a shot, you may be surprised – if you hate it, feel free to accost me on Twitter @softjunebreeze. In the meantime, keep DJBooth on your radar for more from Haute Living as it becomes available.
Monster Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come N Get Me ft. Cassidy" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.