It seems like only yesterday that Swizz Beatz was getting Fancy with Drake and Mary J. Blige. Always a mover and a shaker, he’s elevated to Haute Living status and has titled his upcoming project accordingly. Veteran femcee and fellow Ruff Ryders alum Eve joins him on the first single from the project, Everyday (Coolin’), and she reminds us why she was known as “a pitbull in a skirt” back in the Ruff Ryders’ heyday with a growling, aggressive delivery. Swizzy trades his signature horns for a sound that can only be described as a bumblebee on speed to shape the melodic elements of the song, while galloping drums drive the tempo to club banger status. Those of you who prefer less Swizz Beatz rapping/talking on a track probably aren’t going to get into this, in spite of the solid production. I invite you to give it a shot, you may be surprised – if you hate it, feel free to accost me on Twitter @softjunebreeze. In the meantime, keep DJBooth on your radar for more from Haute Living as it becomes available.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 03/29/11
Submit your Rating
Monster Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come N Get Me ft. Cassidy" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.