Finally! Somebody was able to get Estelle to break out of her shell. And all it took was a swizzed beat, literally. The British-born singer has allowed herself to be transformed on the brand new song DJ Play the Beat, the first leak in Swizz Beatz’ Monsta Mondays Series. This track finds the producer as we know him best, crafting a traditional Swizz beat with an erratic drum collection and synths; however, this is not at all typical of Estelle, who runs rampant on the track in a more rap-esque sing-song flow, tinted with a Caribbean shade of London. It’s a supremely catchy combination, so with her previous single Freak failing to gain traction, I think this could Estelle’s biggest song since American Boy back in 2008 with that guy…what’s his name?...dude with the Phoenix?? The West kid. Having frequented many of Kanye‘s G.O.O.D Fridays releases, it was only natural that Swizz come into a series of collabs on his own. NOTE: Monsta Mondays Series is Kanye-approved, so trust that you will see the most talked about American, outside of Baracka Flocka Flame, gracing a few songs. Keep it locked for all the latest.
Monster Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come N Get Me ft. Cassidy" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.