Finally! Somebody was able to get Estelle to break out of her shell. And all it took was a swizzed beat, literally. The British-born singer has allowed herself to be transformed on the brand new song DJ Play the Beat, the first leak in Swizz Beatz’ Monsta Mondays Series. This track finds the producer as we know him best, crafting a traditional Swizz beat with an erratic drum collection and synths; however, this is not at all typical of Estelle, who runs rampant on the track in a more rap-esque sing-song flow, tinted with a Caribbean shade of London. It’s a supremely catchy combination, so with her previous single Freak failing to gain traction, I think this could Estelle’s biggest song since American Boy back in 2008 with that guy…what’s his name?...dude with the Phoenix?? The West kid. Having frequented many of Kanye‘s G.O.O.D Fridays releases, it was only natural that Swizz come into a series of collabs on his own. NOTE: Monsta Mondays Series is Kanye-approved, so trust that you will see the most talked about American, outside of Baracka Flocka Flame, gracing a few songs. Keep it locked for all the latest.
Written by Sigmund's Dope on 10/25/10
Submit your Rating
Monster Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come N Get Me" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.