Developed by Gap Clothing and Rehab (a San Francisco-based production company), five artists across multiple genres were asked to record original material that represented the Sound of Color. Asked to write and perform a treatment for the color green, Swizz Beatz partnered with producers The Individuals, and together they created a song about driving in a drop top through the flashy streets of Miami, Florida. While Candy Green will probably remind listeners of the Swizzy-produced Candy Paint (off Bone Thugs N’ Harmony’s Strength N’ Loyalty), the two songs sound completely different. A video for the song was directed by Tom Gatsoulis and can be found at the official Sound of Color Website.
Written by DJ Z on 02/17/08
Submit your Rating
Monster Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come N Get Me" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.