Developed by Gap Clothing and Rehab (a San Francisco-based production company), five artists across multiple genres were asked to record original material that represented the Sound of Color. Asked to write and perform a treatment for the color green, Swizz Beatz partnered with producers The Individuals, and together they created a song about driving in a drop top through the flashy streets of Miami, Florida. While Candy Green will probably remind listeners of the Swizzy-produced Candy Paint (off Bone Thugs N’ Harmony’s Strength N’ Loyalty), the two songs sound completely different. A video for the song was directed by Tom Gatsoulis and can be found at the official Sound of Color Website.
Written by DJ Z on 02/17/08
Submit your Rating
Monster Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come N Get Me" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.