Developed by Gap Clothing and Rehab (a San Francisco-based production company), five artists across multiple genres were asked to record original material that represented the Sound of Color. Asked to write and perform a treatment for the color green, Swizz Beatz partnered with producers The Individuals, and together they created a song about driving in a drop top through the flashy streets of Miami, Florida. While Candy Green will probably remind listeners of the Swizzy-produced Candy Paint (off Bone Thugs N’ Harmony’s Strength N’ Loyalty), the two songs sound completely different. A video for the song was directed by Tom Gatsoulis and can be found at the official Sound of Color Website.
Written by DJ Z on 02/17/08
Submit your Rating
Monster Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come N Get Me ft. Cassidy" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.