Ok, fine. So today’s not technically a Monsta Monday. So we’re a little late jumping on the latest edition of Swizz Beatz’ weekly music series (see last week’s effort DJ Play the Beat). So what? Great music is timeless, and that makes Swizzy’s latest creation semi-timeless. Fresh off inspiring me to compliment him for switching up his production style on Roman’s Revenge, Alicia Keys’ baby daddy is back to his old tricks on his latest creation Bang Bang, looping a percussion section, overlaying some synth lines and shouting a Pharrell Williams-assisted call and response chorus, albeit it more complexly than he did on, say, Gucci Time. On the mic, either I’m getting used to Swizz’ style or he’s getting better, that verse isn’t half bad, and of course G.O.O.D. Music’s new coke slinger Pusha T shows up for two stellar verses, dropping what I have to believe is hip-hop’s first Frogger reference amidst two women and money fueled verses. I don’t know about bang banging, but at the very least I have to hand it to Beatz, this bangs. What lies in store for us next week? Only time will tell.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/3/10
Submit your Rating
Monster Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come N Get Me ft. Cassidy" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.